Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006


A Ghost Story

Cheyenne and I saw a ghost this morning. This is not a piece of fiction. It was very dark this morning. Thunder storms had passed thru last night and the Big Dipper and Venus were no where to be found. The sky was black. We left a little early- about 5:50. I like going early- then she can sniff till her heart's content. We got up to Hickory Lane and started to cross the street. On the other side - I saw a man walking on the sidewalk heading north. Imagine this: one of those black silhouettes that people stand in their yards- that 's what I saw walking down the street-the one with the hat on. It was almost like a shadow. Cheyenne was balking at crossing the street. I blinked and looked again- whew- he was gone- surely it was a shadow. But my eyes involuntarily searched the sidewalk to see if I could find him. There he was ... a few feet up Jaycox! I could see the sidewalk, the woods, and the fence plainly- but it was like a distortion moving down the street. I watched till he vanished into the wooded background. Cheyenne did not want to walk on the sidewalk. She wanted to go down the street- but , obviously- this is just a trick of the light- so I dragged her onto the sidewalk. I realized that he couldn't have been walking in the woods next to the side walk because it is too thick. We hurried home. She did NOT even stop to eat at the Sweet Grass Cafe- just north of the bridge. I know what I saw- it lasted several seconds- a trick of the light? I hope so.

1 Comments:

Blogger M. Lubbers said...

Ohhh, I got chills! Very creepy story. It always seems more real when the animals react.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home