Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, August 17, 2006

FF or ADD?

After many years (make that decades) of convincing my taste buds that fat-free foods really are scrumptious, it's taken Cheyenne exactly 35 min. to make me doubt myself. Being the health conscious person I am, I bought Cheyenne fat-free turkey dogs for her training treat. She sat eagerly for the first treat, but after that, she was like a kid with ADD. She wouldn't sit, wouldn't stay, looked up and down the street, licked her tail, and tried to eat the weeds at the curb. When I pushed her butt down to make her sit- she gave me ATTITUDE! I could read her doggie mind, "I'm only doing this because you make me. I have better things to do than perform for fat- free turkey dogs. Talk to this..." , and she'd stand up.

This got me to thinking. Dogs are often wiser than people. They know when there's an earthquake coming, they know when their owner is coming home before they get there, (I've only heard about this- my personal experience is that when I come home I wake her up. I've seen her stretch as she comes out of the bedroom), and they can usually tell nice people from not nice people, demonstrated by the tail-wag or tail-tuck. She just might have a point here. Makes me want to toss that fat-free frozen sushi sorbet down the drain and buy some Breyer's-Clog-Your-Arteries-Chocolate Chip Mint-mmmmm, I can taste it now. But really, statistically one trial is not enough. Just to be on the cautious side I 'll wait and see how we do on our next walk. Maybe fat-free turkey dogs are an acquired taste. Hmmm- I wonder how she'll like Morningstar veggie dogs?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...I HAVE Bryer's Clog Your Arteries Cholate Chip Mint in freezer. Come-on-down.....

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home