Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

The goal of this blog is honesty and commitment. Some of the hats I wear are teacher, wife, empty-nester, journalist/artist, animal lover, Shakespeare afficionado, avid reader, and last, but not least, tree-hugger. At 57 I am looking eternity in the eye and taking count of all the things I've accomplished and the long list of things I've wanted to do , but haven't gotten to yet. Even though I am in good health, every once in a while I hear a voice whisper-"Hurry up, there's only so much time left." The problem is I'm a great procrastinator. I spend a lot of time in my head, (that' s a scary place!) and hardly any time DOING what I think about. I always have great plans, but don't follow through. So in an attempt to solve this little quirk- I'm going public. Thus the blog.
Chuck and I went to Europe this summer and spent time in Germany, Austria, and Italy. I found out that I can walk forever, just not very fast. So when I came home I decided that Cheyenne (picture forthcoming) and I would walk to Arabica - about 2 miles. I'd have a Mocha Java and she'd have a Barka Lotta and then we'd walk home. Here comes the commitment part. I have decided to do a virtual Walk Across America. I put up a map of the US and track the distance from city to city. When I make it to the next city I put myself in a picture and stick it on the map.(pictures forthcoming). So far Cheyenne and I have made our first goal, Lorain, OH. So we've gone 8.5 miles this week, starting in beautiful Avon-on-the Lake (aka. Avon Lake/Center of the Universe).From time to time you'll hear about books I'm reading, lessons I've learned from Cheyenne, and hopefully you'll see what better shape I'm in!
Cheyenne's first lesson: Take time to stop and eat the grass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home