Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Meating at the Corner


I want to thank Becket, Megan, and Keith for teaching me this little trick. If you give a dog a piece of meat he will follow you anywhere. After watching Keith and Megan train Becket using pieces of hot dog I realized that Cheyenne and I could benefit from this. After several shoulder-numbing trips to Arabica I decided to try this on Cheyenne. I want her to sit at corners and wait for my signal and I want her to quit jumping on everybody who passes by. (I've seen other dogs do this, so I know I'm not asking the impossible.)
Last week a miracle occurred. Cheyenne sat at the corners and waited for her treat! It even worked for those pesky joggers and bikers. (Although they tend to prefer low-fat turkey dogs.) We had only one minor problem. That sneaky Cheyenne! While I'm busy watching traffic, waiting for a safe opportunity to cross, she stands up and tries to steal the hot dog out of my hand! Obviously, her opinion of my intelligence is not too high. However, I'm happy. We fooled several people into thinking Cheyenne was a well-trained dog, a dog with credentials and a D.O. degree. (Dog Obedience).
Speaking of dog obedience- be sure to watch for the future blog when I tell all - "How I Flunked Out of Dog Obedience School After Only Three Lessons".

As for the virtual walk- Cheyenne and I only did a mile today. We went to French Creek and walked the Big Woods Trail. We even creek-walked a little. Then she ran through the mud before she got in the car. I should have taken the truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home