Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Poseidon in Bed

Tee-hee-hee- made you look! Actually this is in reference to Cheyenne's tip from yesterday. When we went to bed last night we pulled back the covers and found -GASP- a mass of seaweed - fresh from the deep! Deep, doggie tummy, that is. Cheyenne, exhausted from the walk, went to bed and was obviously too tired to move. Yuch!! I'll say no more and spare you the slimy details.
Today, I virtually made it to Vermillion, home of the Wooly Bear Festival. It's 13.1 miles west of Lorain so I've walked or ridden my bike for a total walk of 21.6 miles.
If I was really there I'd be doing some antique shopping and stopping for ice cream. It's a quaint little town with a seafaring atmosphere- lakefaring, I mean. Did I mention, I'm an avid birder? Next stop, Old Woman's Creek in Huron-home of several pairs of bald eagles.

Cheyenne wants to know: "Hey,when Helen takes me for a walk - I'm a magnet. I mean, EVERYONE stops to talk to me. How come when I'm good- "sitting and staying" they say, 'What a nice dog!' But, when I'm 'bad'-jumping all over showing them how excited I am - they say, 'What a cute doggie!' Hmmm- would I rather be cute or nice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home