Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yes...No...Maybe...


I spend a lot of time in my car driving to work. My commute is anywhere between 40 minutes to 2 hours, depending on traffic and weather. Usually I listen to books on CD or my own music CDs. Indigo Girls, Billy Joel, and Kenny Rogers wear out first. Once in a while I listen to NPR. But mostly this year I have played the Sign Game. I am an undecisive person. I have been known to change my mind over and over and then do nothing, because I can't decide what to do. Should the yarn be blue or green? Should I work on my vacation scrapbook or organize old photos? Should I take the dog for a walk or ride my bike? The Sign Game has helped me with the boredom of my ride and the dilemma of solving life's most pressing questions. Don't know who to vote for? The sign saaaays "right lane must exit". Should we stay in Iraq or get out? The sign says "Work area ahead- left lane rides berm". What about all those aliens trotting over the border? The sign saaays "Jaywalkers will be prosecuted." Don't know what to do with that wild and crazy hubby who wants to do another home improvement project? The sign saaaays - "yield". There are some signs that I look at and wonder, hmmmm...what would the question be for that one? Like..."traffic light activated when lights are flashing", "no left turn 7AM to 9AM", or "detour half mile ahead". And then there are some that I don't even want to think about- "gross wt. 3 tons", "bridge out ahead", and "dead end". My very favorite signs are "duck crossing" and "deer crossing". As you can see, I may not be able to make a decision, but I can certainly waste a lot of time pondering what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home