Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Monday, January 22, 2007

You Are Here


Yesterday was a great day! We visited the Museum of Natural History with my daughter, Megan and son-in-law, Keith. We set out to see Sue- the T. Rex exhibit. (Dinosaurs are always fascinating- they remind me of dragons.) But first we went to the planetarium. What a great show. We got to see the constellations in the night sky- first, just the stars, then the overlay of the actual pictures of Orion fighting Taurus, the Twins, the Ram and so on. I couldn't help but marvel at the visual ability of our ancestors to not only SEE the stars, but to link them together to make a picture and a story about them. As a lover of story, maybe I should star gaze more. Sitting in the planetarium and seeing the birth and death of a star reminded me that Earth is also subject to the laws of nature. Someday our sun will burn out and Earth will just be a cinder in the universe. A sense of awe and comfort wrapped around me. As I was pondering the cause of this warm fuzzy feeling my husband pointed out in his best nasal twang, "Yep, it don' matter. Jes' toss that there pop can out the winder." Yes! Of course! That's it! For a few moments the weight of the world had lifted. I was insignificant! I wasn't responsible for the elephants of Africa, the pandas of China, the Amazon rain forest, or the hole in the Ozone layer. And it felt great...

1 Comments:

Blogger M. Lubbers said...

It's great to have your blog back! Not that I'm pressuring you or anything ... but I'm glad you decided to revive it. I'm looking forward to reading the occasional entries, written entirely at your leisure!:)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home