Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Decisions...Decisions
I've been salivating over the creation of 2007's book list. I 've been to the library, worn a path through Border's, and bought the lastest month of "Booknotes" which has many lists of favorites to read: international authors, US literature by the decades, nobel prize winners, books by women, books by men, books by monkeys- whoops- scratch that monkey! The only thing I've been able to decide on - is that I don't want to be too tied down- I don't want to decide. I don't even want to commit to specific genres. But I did come up with a plan- a safe plan- a no-fail plan- well, almost no-fail. (I'm learning that the way to be successful is to set really easy- "even an idiot could do them" goals.) So here's my "even and idiot could do this" Reading List for 2007.

I have only 5 must -reads, and even some of them are negotiable.
1. A memoir- TBA (check back 01/01/08)
2. Two Nobel Prize Winners for Literature- 1949- Faulkner (my birth year) and 2006- Orham Pamuk- Istanbul
3. "Drums of Autumn" by Diane Gabaldon
4.The fifth Harry Potter book ( I'm way behind).
5. A book from or about Ireland- maybe Dubliners by Joyce or something by Rutherford, or Literary Ireland which Erin noticed at Border's. I'm open to suggestions. I want to think about and get ready for the summer of 2008!

Other than that- I really like going to the library and seeing what I'm attracted to. I usually have three books going at once - I like to choose. So, check back in 2008 and we'll see how I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home