Cheyenne Walking

Life, love, and the pursuit of happiness in a midwestern town coupled with the drama of a virtual Walk Across America. What more could you ask for?!

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Thursday, January 04, 2007


Helen's Favorite 9 from 2006

Yes, I'm back! Three things are getting me off the couch and back to writing and walking.
One is the 10 pounds I gained back after losing 20 another, I really do like to write, and finally, Cheyenne has been begging every day to go for a walk. She misses our quality time together. My new goal for the blog is to NOT POLISH. No rewriting, or editing, (except for spelling and grammar) , no quest for the perfect paragraph, and my new goal- keep it short.

Helen's Favorite Reads- 2006

These are in order that I read them. I tried to rank them- but I just can't- I always have three books going at any given time- because I don't know what I'm going to feel like reading, where do I want to go after a hard day at work, or who do I want to be.

1. The Tunnel and the Light by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross NF dying and life after death
2. Girl Sleuth by Melanie Rehak NF Nancy Drew as part of society/culture
3. Birds in Fall by Brad Kessler F story of plane crash victims' families, poignant, beautiful language
4. Treasure Forest by Cat Bordhi Fantasy Beautiful story about kids who are at one with the forest and the adults -who aren't
5. The Keep by Jennifer Egan F-Mys. Think layers, metaphor, character AND plot driven
6. Lost Painting by Jonathan Harr NF I want to return to Italy and root around in old cellars!
7. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz F Great setting- blending the possible with the impossible- or is it?
8. Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster F Lifel sucks, life happens, life goes on, life is good.
9. Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer NF Trying to understand why people must do death defying things- it didn't really answer the question but I was breathless for two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home